Do you have a child 18+ years of age?
What happens if he/she is injured in a car accident?
Did you know that once your child/grandchild turns 18:
- You no longer have access to his/her medical records
- You no longer can call a hospital and see if he/she is admitted after an accident
- You no longer can make health care decisions for him/her, should they become injured or incapacitated
- You no longer can call a doctor’s office and make an appointment for him/her
- You no longer can help him/her with banking
- You no longer have access to his/her grades, and you no longer can assist your child/grandchild concerning his/her problems they may be experiencing at school
- You no longer can call the mail order prescription service to get him/her medication
What can you do? Read more.